The senior funder is responsible for the input, audit, and drawing of documents in order to coordinate an efficient and accurate completion of loan packages. He or she is also responsible for meeting closing, rate lock, purchase contract, rescission, etc. requirements while ensuring the loan is saleable, insurable and serviceable for investors.
- Doc Review
- Pre-audit for accuracy of loan information.
- Use all pertinent documentation in file to ensure consistency (e.g., approval, lock, appraisal, title, etc.).
- Identify correct codes to use for specific products.
- Input all data into current system.
- Verify all fees and credits are accurate based on doc request and compliance with disclosures.
- Perform manual audit.
- Make all necessary corrections in current systems.
- Print loan docs.
- When final review is complete, email document package link with any additional required items to be signed at closing with instructions to the closing agent. If sending hardcopy, create shipping receipts & package documents to be sent out via overnight shipping to Escrow, Closing Agent or Attorney.
- Final audit and review of loan docs prior to sending the loan docs to Escrow, Closing Agent or Attorney.
- Funding Review
- Review loan documents and complete data input into the funding system in order to balance the wire and send wire to closing agent.
- Verify loan documents are signed properly and free of modifications, ensuring that we have received all pertinent documents required to authorize disbursement.
- Conduct audit of HUD1 to verify all information, including charges, fees, disbursements, impounds, etc. are accurate and charged in accordance with the Truth in Lending Act and Itemization of Amount Financed. This audit also includes reviewing for any red flags that could potentially indicate fraudulent activity, resulting in loss to the company.
- Ensure that wire is balanced; including any impounds and fees being netted from the wire and that wire instructions are accurate and have been approved with closing protection.
- Issue funding disbursement authorization to the closing agent after audit completed.
- Confirm closing and disbursement with the closing agent to verify we have a valid loan.
- Communicate with Processing Team Leads, Processors and Loan Officers to overcome obstacles in order to ensure accurate doc draw of loan documents and funding of the loan.
- Clear discrepancies within the loan file.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all prior to funding and at closing conditions have been met in accordance with Investor guidelines. Any prior to doc conditions moved to prior to funding must still be addressed and the closer must coordinate sign off by the underwriter before releasing the wire or issuing disbursement authorization.
- Submit a completed file to Post Closing that is ready for Sale and Insuring that is accurate and free of data input errors and document errors that would cause delays in sale to investors or cause insuring delays.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans for employees and family are available.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plans.
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Minimum 5 years of combined professional experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service abilities.
- High level of integrity and trust.
- Team-player with selfless attitude.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and attire.
All applicants must be local to Southern California to be considered.
If this describes you, then send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please place the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email.